Switch Witch is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
The Chipmunks and The Chipettes gather at the Seville House and show off their trick or treat loot to Dave. Alvin explains Miss Croner played a large part in their record haul before sitting down to watch a movie. Dave turns it off claiming it's "too scary," and, on the way to bed, Theodore expresses his concern over the Switch Witch stealing the candy. The next morning, the boys eagerly open their candy bags to discover fruit and books, the Switch Witch's signature. The girls arrive claiming the same fate to their candy so they confront Dave on his involvement. Dave denies all knowledge and the six chipmunks come up with a plan to attract the witch into their witch trap (a collection of objects a witch would like). During their stake out, Cheesy shows up taking some of their candy before Miss Croner arrives casting suspicion on Miss Miller. They investigate and conclude Miss Croner was deflecting about being the Switch Witch. Alvin's chosen to demand their candy back but is scared away when she exits her house dressed as a witch. The children are convinced she's heading to her candy stash so they follow her into the woods until they reach a cabin. Following a scare by Miss Croner and Dave, dressed as a vampire bat, they all enjoy some of the stashed treats. Alvin expresses his amazement and offers ideas to Dave for next year's prank that will really scare everyone.
- Goof: Janice Karman was credited for directing the episode twice: before and after the titlecard.
- Theodore getting a rock in his candy is a Charlie Brown reference.
- Alvin, Simon, Theodore, and Jeanette wore costumes seen in previous episodes: Reality Or Not, Mystic Mountain, Who's The Animal, and Jeanette Enchanted respectively.
- The lyrics Miss Miller sings to herself are a reference to "Come On-A My House" from The Chipmunk Adventure.
- Running Gag: Jeanette, Cheesy, and Miss Croner have a liking for Epson salt and sauerkraut.
- Series Running Gag: Alvin says the wrong word/phrase - Paul Newman instead of Issac Newton.
- When this episode premiered in the US, it aired with a rerun of iHear.