While in the mountains, Alvin is upset when he finds out he didn't get an invitation to participate in the Celebrity Ski Tournament. Alvin tries to convince Mr. Colorado, the man hosting the event, he's a celebrate by having his brothers act as paparazzi, and later, fans. When a star breaks his leg, Mr. Colorado lets Alvin enter though Alvin claims he doesn't know how to ski. Alvin learns to ski relatively quickly, but when he overshoots his abilities, he ends up as a snowball. After spending the evening in a cave, Alvin wins the competition with rather unconventional skiing.
- "Footloose" originally performed by Kenny Loggins.
- A running gag in this episode is that Mr. Colorado keeps forgetting Alvin's name; referring to him as Melvin, Alfred, Irwin, Elmo, and even engraving his name on his trophy as "Marvin Seville."
- A clip from the episode later appears in the episode Alvin in Analysis.
- Part of the Alvin and the Chipmunks in Alvin's Wildest Schemes VHS.
- Part of The Alvinnn!!! Edition DVD.