Simon and Jeanette are the characteristically smart couple who wear glasses and always have a logical explanation for almost anything (almost). Except when Simon takes charge, Jeanette can sometimes be shy and timid and a doormat for Brittany's schemes. Simon and Jeanette share a non-confusing relationship, but are very shy and don't open up about it. Jeanette and Simon, in the series of cartoons, occasionally hold hands and hang out often. Simon is sometimes very defensive of her, and when Jeanette gets clumsy and falls, Simon is usually the one to catch her and help her up. Their actions show that the two care for each other more than friends, but could be embarrassed about it. Also, in Big Dreams, they are shown in some sort of unconfirmed relationship when they are portrayed as a married couple and win Nobel Prizes together. This does, in fact, hint that their relationship, though muted in natural shyness, is true, which satisfies many Simonette fans.
- In I Love the Chipmunks Valentine, Simon makes a valentine for Jeanette.
- In The Gang's All Here, Simon helps Jeanette before she falls over.
- In the episode My Fair Chipette, when Jeanette wins the beauty contest, he pushes her on stage with a big smile on his face.
- In the Hardees Commercial where Jeanette fell, Simon quickly caught her.
- In Sisters, Brittany is so happy she was invited to lunch that she throws her books at Jeanette causing her to fall. With a worried look, Simon helps Jeanette to her feet. Also, whenever Jeanette is bossed around in this episode, she overlooks it, but Simon appears more irritated than anybody else. (This is actually Alvin that gets annoyed and asks Jeanette why she lets Brittany treat her that way.)
- In Sweet Smell of Success, when Jeanette and Simon create more perfume and smell it, it seemed as if they would shake hands, but just held each other's hand instead.
- In A Little Worm in the Big Apple, he comforts her by holding her while patting and slightly rubbing her arm.
- In The Chipmunk Adventure, whenever Simon feels "stressed out" with his brothers, he always goes to Jeanette for help.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman, Simon and Jeanette hold hands on the stage when they preform in the school play, and they hold hands and dance several times during the end of the movie.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, when they meet at school, Simon falls in love with Jeanette. He purrs at her indicating that he has a crush on her.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, when he is practicing for the concert, he dreamily remarks that Jeanette's glasses were "quite fetching."
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Simon nervously agrees to help Jeanette unlock the cage she and her sisters are trapped in. This indicates that he is shy talking to her.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Simon and Jeanette smile at each other happily when they reunite just before the song "We Are Family."
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Simon tells Jeanette on the raft that "Even the most perfect gem cannot compare to your beauty". Simone says just about the same thing earlier, revealing a similarity between Simon and Simone.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Simone ( Simon's alter ego ) dances in the rain with Jeanette, singing with her. He also kisses her hand several times and compliments her.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when Jeanette finds one of Simon's sarcastic comments funny, Simon becomes nervous and seems shyly delighted.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, while the Chipmunks and Chipettes are skating on the ship's deck, Jeanette nearly slips, but Simon catches her by the hand. He holds it for a second while looking at her lovely before letting go in embarrassment.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, while on the island, Simon manages to create a fire with his glasses and Jeanette calls it impressive. Simon becomes so flattered and nervous that he accidentally burns himself.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when Brittney becomes hysterical to the possibility of being stuck on the island forever, Simon protectively puts his arm in front of Jeanette as if to protect her.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when Simone is kissing the Chipettes' hands, he is taken by Jeanette before he smiles and kisses hers. He also moves really close to her, beautifing her with words.
- Throughout Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Simone would complement Jeanette and would make romantic gestures such as giving her a bracelet and helping her across a dangerous bridge.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when the side effects wore off, Brittney informs Simon that he had given Jeanette a bracelet and that they had went out on a date, startling him.
- In the baseball scene during the introduction of the Alvin and the Chipmunks show, Jeanette is smiling and blinking her eyes at Simon before she turns to pitch the baseball to Brittany.
- In Sploosh, Simon and Jeanette's characters get married.
- In Sploosh, Jeanette and Simon's characters almost kiss.
- In The Greatest Show-Offs on Earth, the Chipettes and the Chipmunks are pushing an elephant named Pinkie, and when Jeanette and Simon are pushing, Jeanette stares at Simon.
- In I Love The Chipmunks Valentine, Jeanette makes a valentine for Simon. Later, Jeanette dances with Simon, and she blushes when Simon dances with her. Also, when Jeanette has to dress up as Brittany's date and Jeanette calls this a miserable idea, Brittany tells her to relax for she will have plenty of time to be with Simon, implying that Jeanette had wanted to spend her night with him.
- In Alvie's Angels, Simon called Brittany a genius and Jeanette suddenly looked upset, showing that she was jealous.
- When Jeanette fell in the Hardees commercial, Simon caught her, and she stared at him admiringly when this happened.
- In Mind Over Matterhorn, she is holding on to Simon while waiting on Alvin.
- In The Chipmunks Go to Washington, Jeanette and Simon were watching baby eagles in a nest. When Simon looked away after he told her that they should tell the others, she didn't look away. She stared at him for a quick second longer, indicating that she has a crush on him. Later on, Jeanette hugs Simon tightly, and Brittany looks at them with a look that displays she knew her sister had a crush on him.
- In Big Dreams, she comforts Simon.
- In Help Wanted: Mommy, when they have to pretend that they're getting along perfectly, they do act like they're having the most fun together. They also walk off with linked arms.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Jeanette expressed great interest and excitement in meeting Simon, much like her sisters were about their counterparts. When Ian told lies about them, saying "And don't even get me started about Simon", Jeanette gasped in shock and disappointment.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Jeanette quickly fell in love with him when she met him at the lockers. Her pupils even dilated as she looked at him, indicating that she was caught by surprise and that she was completely ecstatic. When led away, Jeanette further confirmed her crush by saying "That Simon is dreamy."
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, as all six chipmunks prepare for bed, Jeanette and Simon both said warm goodnights to each other.
- According to the Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel DVD deleted scene, the two of them were planned to have a romantic moment, just like the others. For whatever reason, however, this scene was cut out of the final production.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when Jeanette first meets Simone ( Simon's alter ego ), she is smitten.
- In Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when Simon was describing shuffleboard as being "10% shuffle and 90% bored", despite his dry sense of humour, Jeanette told him that was funny. He kind of blushes, saying "You really think so?" and they stare into each other's eyes.
- Both wear blue.
- Both wear glasses.
- They are very intelligent.
- In the CGI versions, they have the darkest tone of fur out of their siblings.
- They are known for their specialties in science.
- They both normally pair up with their overbearing siblings (Alvin and Brittany respectively).
- They are the tallest of the six (Simon a few centimeters taller than Jeanette).
- They are both usually the ones to carry out Alvin and Brittany's hair-brained schemes.
- They're the shyest about their relationship, where as Brittany and Alvin are open about it but often fight, and Eleanor and Theodore are the most open and loving.
- They are the middle child of their families.
- They are very coward about something dangerous.
- He can easily stand up to Alvin.
- He can see better without his glasses than Jeanette can.
- He's not very clumsy. (However, he was voted "Most Likely To Fall Down" in The Brunch Club.)
- He can have a very dry sense of humor.
- He can be very sarcastic.
- He tends to hold grudges, though most eventually disappear.
- He has a low tolerance for trickery or games.
- He always being very uptight about a problem.
- She doesn't stand up for herself easily and is used by Brittany to help carry out schemes.
- Jeanette is helpless without her glasses, possibly suffering from astigmatism.
- Jeanette appears to be more clumsy than Simon.
- Jeanette is more relaxed and is more likely to let herself have fun.
- She is very forgiving.
- She has more patience when it comes to people that do her wrong than Simon does.