Romancing Miss Stone is episode 28B in Season 3 (1985) of Alvin and the Chipmunks.
PlotAlvin develops a crush on his teacher Miss Stone. When Alvin believes Dave is trying to take her, Alvin attempts to get Dave out of the picture. His plan fails and he dreams of a date with her, but after he asks, she turns him down. Challenged to a duel, Dave is forced to accept once Alvin threatens to move to the orphanage. The following sunrise, Alvin and Dave duel in an Old World manner, with both duelists facing their backs and taking ten paces, then firing. Theodore and Simon supply water balloons to Dave and Alvin, respectively, with the first one to get hit being the loser. Dave is too slow for Alvin, but Alvin's early boastfulness causes him to get hit. Alvin bemoans that he has lost the duel and Miss Stone forever, but later gets over it and accepts that Dave is a better date for her. As Dave gets ready to go on a date with Miss Stone, he has hired a teenage girl named Sandy, whom Alvin is immediately smitten over. Simon and Theodore figure Alvin is back to his old ways, but Dave chuckles that they must be realistic; they could not expect Alvin to give up girls cold turkey!
- "Sharp Dressed Man" originally performed by ZZ Top.
- The episode's title is a reference to the 1984 film Romancing The Stone.
- Alvin mentions he's going to be nine years old in a week, so Alvin is eight years old in this episode.
- The Chipettes are seen, but without any lines, all three being in the same math class as Alvin.
- During Alvin's daydream about wooing Miss Stone to the tune of "Sharp Dressed Man", Simon and Theodore are seen providing background music wearing long beards and sunglasses, a likely tribute to the original song by ZZ Top.
- A clip from the episode later appears in the episode Alvin in Analysis.
- Part of the Alvin and the Chipmunks in Alvin's Wildest Schemes VHS.
- Part of The Alvinnn!!! Edition and Driving Dave Crazy DVDs.