Dave returns home to find his piano smashed at the bottom of the stairs and covered in pudding. Dave confines the Chipmunks to their room and calls each one out to interrogate them separately. Alvin, Simon, and Theodore each have their own biased version of what happened. Theodore explains that he was pressured by his brothers to walk around with a bowl of pudding on his head. Simon explains that Theodore was showing off for Alvin. Alvin attempts to convince Dave that he was the responsible one (causing Dave to remark "But of course") diligently doing his homework. He explains that after Theodore spilled pudding on the piano after possibly being bullied by Simon, he was forced to help them hoist the piano up the stairs to make use of a chemical created by Simon to remove pudding, when it proved too heavy and fell. Afterwards Simon proclaims they will pay for the piano by doing chores, then does some calculations to work off the piano's value and concludes that it will take 48 years to work off the debt. Dave says he will accept 45 years of indentured servitude and walks out, prompting Alvin to try to haggle for reduced time.
- "The Heat Is On" originally performed by Gleen Frey.
- The title is a pun on the saying "Every picture tells a story."
- This episode was a parody of the classic Japanese film Rashomon.
- A clip from the episode later appears in the episode Alvin in Analysis.
- Part of the Alvin and the Chipmunks in Chipmunkmania VHS.
- Part of The Alvinnn!!! Edition and Driving Dave Crazy DVDs.