Chip Tracy is a vigilante cop trying to protect the city from dangerous criminals. His greatest challenge is stopping the criminals Flatfoot, Prunewhip, and Grumbles from terrorizing the city, playing an illegal game of marbles, and selling illegal Root Beer. They are led by a diabolical mastermind called "The Glove." Chip Tracy succeeds with the help of Kiddo and his newspapers while Bess Blueheart, his girlfriend, hints for Chip to propose to her.
- Alvin Seville as Chip Tracy
- Jeanette Miller as Bess Blueheart
- Theodore Seville as Kiddo
- Simon Seville as Doctor Laboritory
- Brittany Miller as Breathmint Balony/The Glove
- Eleanor Miller as Eleanor
- David Seville as Police Chief Bland
- "Real Wild Child" originally performed by Johnny O'Keefe.
- "Clothes Make the Man" (solo sung by Brittany).
Behind the Scenes
- This episode was based on the film Dick Tracy, which is based on the famous comic series starring Warren Beatty. Alvin is a parody of the title character played by Warren Beatty. Jeanette is a parody of Dick's love interest Tess Trueheart played by the late Glenne Headly. Theodore is a parody of "The Kid" played by Charlie Korsmo, except he was an orphan boy later adopted by Dick and Tess whilst Kiddo is a paper boy.
- Brittany's character is a parody to Madonna's character of Breathless Mahoney/The Blank, except Breathmint is the main antagonist whilst Madonna's character was trying to get rid of her boss Alphonse "Big Boy" Caprice who was the main antagonist in the original film.
- In this episode, Brittany makes her affection toward Alvin completely obvious such as visibly flirting with him by calling him handsome and offering her love to him if he doesn't shut down her club. She also shows visible annoyance and anger when Alvin dismissively rejects her flirtations compared to most of the other episodes where their strained relationship often led them to hide their emotions from each other.
- Though most fans prefer the Simon and Jeanette couple, Jeanette is the love interest of Alvin while Simon shows no affection to her (or concern for her safety when she is kidnapped and while Alvin rushed to help her, he was in no hurry to help her) sparking the Alvinette fan world.
- Goof: When Breathmint Balony is singing "Clothes Make The Man," the movements of her mouth don't match up with the lyrics of the song.
- Goof: When Flatfoot lowers Bess into an ice block by crane, her hands are tied to the hook with rope. After Chip moves the ice block out of the way, he catches Bess falling.
- Goof: Whenever someone guesses who Chip Tracy is, they start with yellow fedora, even though Chip's fedora is grey.
- Part of the Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies: Star Wreck DVD.