Alvin, Simon, and Theodore of the 90s going back in time to 1957 to meet Alvin, Simon, and Theodore of the 50s, thanks to Clyde Crashcup's time machine. In this episode, The CD Cover's Faded Away and The Chipmunks meet the original versions of themselves (originally created by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.). Many of the antics of this episode revolve around the fact of the cultural differences between the 60's and the 90's, such as the difference between Mousse and Moose. The show also makes a point of the difference in styles of art and voices. They end up going back in time so that they will not cease to exist in the future. They may not exist due to the fact Alvin gets a sudden interest in Dry Cleaning, believing that is where his future is.
In the end, the Chipmunks end up in their original time periods due to the fact that Alvin gave up the idea that he should be a dry cleaner.
- "Back in Time" (Huey Lewis and Chris Hayes)
- "Witch Doctor" (partly song with no music by '90's Alvin, Simon & Theodore)
- "Alvin's Harmonica" (Original & Funny Rap versions)
- "Alvin Twist" ('50's & '90's Version)
Behind the ScenesEdit
- This episode was based on the movie Back to the Future.
- This episode was labelled as "Back to Alvin's Future" on the VHS.
- Part of the Funny, We Shrunk the Adults DVD.