Art for Art's Sake is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
While Alvin's complaining about Art History, Jeanette asks The Chipmunks to review an art piece of Brittany's. They don't think it's good but don't want to upset Brittany, who's currently vulnerable to criticism, so they pretend the painting is terrific. Alvin points out paint on her favorite shirt only to be surprised at her sudden dismissal of fashion due to her fashion idol's sudden interest in art over fashion. Brittany convinces them to take it to Marina. On the way a gust of wind blows it into the road and a car runs it over. Marina loves it so she adds it as the centerpiece of her gallery. After they tell Brittany of Marina's comments, they try to convince Brittany that Marina doesn't want more only for Marina to call herself. In order to keep up the act, they put Brittany's paintings through the "Alvinator Destroyer," all of which Marina loves. They fail to talk Brittany out of a speech about the paintings so The Chipmunks decide to attempt to remove them from the gallery before the opening. They are confronted by Officer Dangus but succeed in tricking him into thinking they are street artists. After collecting the paintings, Alvin and Theodore accidentally hit one of the infrared beams during their celebration. Officer Dangus arrives and Marina expresses her thanks of the boys "doing her a favor." She decides to stick to fashion and Marina and Brittany begin discussing a new police outfit line. Meanwhile, as Dave escorts the boys home, they express their newfound ability as street performers.
- "You Make Me Better" 
- Series Running Gag: Alvin says the wrong word/phrase - Picatto instead of Picasso.
- Running Gag: Alvin places one of Brittany's paintings in front of a car only for it to drive in a different direction.
- Theodore mispronounces "ouvere" (the works of a painter) as "uva" (the Spanish word for grape) while Alvin mistakes it for "uvula."
- A sneak-peek clip was released on Nick.com.
- When this episode premiered in the US, it aired with a rerun of I Will Survive.
- Part of the Driving Dave Crazy DVD.