Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman is a 2000 animated horror-themed direct-to-video film, produced by Bagdasarian Productions and Universal Animation Studios, distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment, and based on characters from Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was released on VHS in 2000, on DVD (included in the Monster Bash Fun Pack) in 2004, and again on DVD (included in the Scare-Riffic Double Feature) in 2007.
Alvin is having a nightmare of being attacked by the Wolfman. Dave and Simon conclude that Alvin's been watching too many horror films at night. Alvin says that it’s because their new neighbor Mr. Talbot creeps him out.
Their school is rehearsing the play for the famous horror story Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. Because of yet another accident caused by Alvin involving mixing unknown chemicals that caused a huge explosion that made a huge mess of the school auditorium, Principal Milliken and Dave decide that Alvin be pulled out of his role as Mr. Hyde, and have Theodore play the role to boost his self-confidence. Meanwhile, Alvin and Simon are out in search of proof that Mr. Talbot is a werewolf ("Munks on a Mission"). But no one believes that Theodore is scary enough to play the role of Mr. Hyde. This all changes after he gets bit by a large dog (later finding out that it was a werewolf) With their brother now a werewolf, Alvin and Simon search for a way to help Theodore and save the school play, without Dave finding out the truth ("Monster Out in You").
Later in the play, Theodore changes into a werewolf and starts to attack Eleanor. However, the necklace Theodore gave her earlier shines by the moon, causing Theodore to remember what happened and soon must fight Mr. Talbot, who was the original werewolf that bit Theodore. Theodore cures them both by biting Mr. Talbot, which caused the effect to reverse on both of them. Later, they find out Mr. Talbot is going to be their new principal. The Chipmunks and Chipettes end the wrap party by performing "Everything's Gonna Be Alright", and soon everyone else follow the rhythm.
- Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. as Alvin, Simon, and Dave Seville
- Janice Karman as Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor
- Maurice LaMarche as Mr. Talbot
- Miriam Flynn as Principal Milliken
- Rob Paulsen as Mr. Rochelle
- April Winchell as Madame Raya
- E.G. Daily as Nathan
- Frank Welker as Werewolf Vocal Effects
- Randy Crenshaw (lead & background)
- Susan Boyd (lead & background)
- Beth Anderson (background)
- Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. (background)
- Jon Joyce (background)
- Janice Karman (background)
- Donna Medine (background)
- Gene Merlino (background)
- "Munks on a Mission" - Alvin and Simon
- "The Monster Out In You" - Alvin and Simon
- "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" - The Chipmunks and The Chipettes
- The clothing that Brittany wears is somewhat different in this movie, notably her scarf and leg warmers are gone, (giving her a more "in style" look, from her 1980's outfit). Also, she and Jeanette have slightly different footwear.
- Like Simon, Jeanette wears black glasses instead of pink-framed.
- Simon is seen with his glasses on upside down at one point.
- Actors Maurice LaMarche and Rob Paulsen had previously worked together as the voices for Pinky and the Brain.
- Larry Talbot is the name of the werewolf character in a series of movies in the 1940's.
- Some of the Chipmunk dolls from The Chipmunk Adventure can be seen when Theodore first begins to turn into a werewolf.
- Theodore shows a lot of affection for Eleanor in the movie, and is portrayed as a vegetarian.
- Instead of Thomas Edison Elementary, the school that The Chipmunks and The Chipettes go to is called Clyde C. Crashcup Elementary School. This is a reference to Clyde Crashcup, who appears in the Chipmunks' 1961 television series The Alvin Show.
- On the Alvin and the Chipmunks Scare-Riffic Double Feature DVD, on the front and back cover is a Were-wolf which was supposed to be the wolf-man from Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman, but was the wolf-man from Monster Mash, another Universal Studios animated Halloween movie; his hands don't even match the hands that he had in Monster Mash.
- Dave has blue eyes rather than brown eyes in this film, which he had in most other occasions that required "colored eyes" (like in The Chipmunk Adventure).
- Normally, the Chipmunks' beds are ordered (from left to right): Theodore, Alvin and Simon, instead the beds are ordered: Simon, Alvin and Theodore. The boys also seem to have a different room than in the TV series. It is bigger and located in the opposite end of the house.
- Alvin has a poster above his bed for the 1954 film Creature from the Black Lagoon.